Saturday, August 27, 2016

There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Happy Saturday!
My chickens are one of the reasons, I'm happy. I took a few pictures this morning.

They were happy to get a morning snack!  

I am so excited to get started with a few projects. I can't wait to share them with y'all. I am searching for some old wooden shutters & I need some old wood. With Halloween around the corner I have found the cutest crafts. I hope to get started this week. My daughter will hate me when I'm done because, I hope to display a lot of the pieces at her house. Shhhh.....:))
This morning I was debating on what to fix for dinner. Eating healthy is so hard, and I love food. It doesn't help that my husband will pretty much eat anything, well not broccoli or spinach, but ummm pretty much everything else. So with that being said its so easy for me to whip up something not so good for us, like a casserole. LOL!  Who doesn't love casseroles, they are so easy to throw those ingredients together and BAMMM dinner is done. Casserole's make me HAPPY! SO, let me introduce to you, a  yummy recipe.

The World's best Oklahoma Main Dish (thank you Grandma Cordie)
1 1/2 pound of ground beef (i use lean meat)
1 small Onion minced
2 tsp of salt (optional)
1 can whole kernel corn (drained)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg cooked wide egg noodles
Tomato juice ( I use about 2-3 small cans 6.5 oz)
1 cup of American cheese (Velveeta box)

Brown hamburger meat with onion, add salt.  Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. :) Drain off fat and put into a casserole dish. Layer all other ingredients in order given. Cover with foil & bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour.






Chocolate!!! Chocolate!!! Who loves Chocolate????? I'm going to break it to you fast. This recipe is for you chocolate lovers and you get your veggies too! HA! This recipe is called Chocolate Zucchini Bread. I will be making this recipe this afternoon. I will share pictures along the way! 
Chocolate Zucchini Bread 
2 eggs (farm fresh )
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 cups of grated zucchini
1 cup of chocolate chips 
1/4 cup of chocolate chips for top

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 pans with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat eggs & sugar. Add oil, yogurt & vanilla. Mix well & add in cocoa. Next mix flour, salt, & baking powder and sift into the wet mixture. Stir until smooth. Add in zucchini just until mixed. Stir in chocolate chips, but don't over mix. Pour the batter into the pans, top with chocolate chips and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Let stand to cool and then remove from pans. :)


I'm excited to try some other zucchini bread recipes, I will post them as we go along. Tomorrow I'm heading to a huge flee market and antique store. I'm hoping to find some great items! Tomorrow sounds like a great day for crock pot potato soup!!!! :)))) You wont want to miss how easy this recipe is! 

Shana
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment