Friday, August 19, 2016

Happy Friday! Let's get this weekend started!

Happy Friday Ya'll! This morning was busy running around doing errands and it hit me.... the holidays are around the corner. I don't know if any of you are like me, but I love the holidays! There are officially 73 days to Halloween, 97 days to Thanksgiving, 98 days to Black Friday (that's a holiday in my book, HA) & 128 days to Christmas! Sorry for those of you that didn't want to hear that!  So with that being said I will be sharing holiday recipes and crafts. This is the first holiday season my kids will not be in my home, but with all the baking I know they will be right around the corner heading this way! 

Tonight for dinner I will be putting on smothered pork chops in the crock pot. These are super easy and the family loves them.
Ingredients:
1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
6-8 boneless pork chops
2 Tbsp oil
10.5 oz box chicken broth (low Sodium is what I use)

Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Mix together your flour,mustard,salt & garlic powder in a bowl. Then lightly coat your pork chops in the flour mixture (set the remaining mixture aside for later). Pour your oil in the skillet and brown your pork shops over medium high heat. Mix your remaining flour mixture with the chicken broth and pour in the crock pot. Place browned pork chops in the crock pot, cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. This is soooo good! :)
Ingredients


browning chops

In crock pot to cook for 2 hours on high.
In reference to the blog yesterday, I posted the recipe of the Rice Krispy treats and promised pictures. Here they are. I can't wait to eat one!
Ingredients, I shop at Publix.. LOL

Line pan with foil, for easy take out

Spray with oil

Butter and vanilla & Salt


Melted ingredients, then pour on cereal.


Finished yummy goodies!


Gotta Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment