Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Happy Hump Day!

Happy Happy Wednesday! 
It's the end of the month, where did it go? I think once we reach a certain age, we just are happy to make it another week. HAHA... I don't know about you, but weekends go by and weeks speed by. Pretty Scary! 
I have been so blessed not to have to work most of the time my kids have been home. With that being said, they have left the nest and I decided to start a fishing business and a blog site! Yes, I did say a fishing business. I sell plastic baits and shirts to the local guys. I attend a local tournament every Thursday and set up a tent with all my goodies. I do find it's almost impossible to carry every worm in this world that each person uses! lol! :O

Today I worked outside on my chicken coop. A storm is coming so we decided to hang tarps for protection. Hopefully it will stay a tropical storm or weaken, that would be even better! There were 5 eggs today, which was awesome considering I made a homemade chocolate pie!!!!

Dinner was homemade Beef tips and rice.

Ingredients:
2 cans Golden Mushroom
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery
1 cup of beef broth
2 pounds beef tips (lean)
Crock Pot

In a bowl mix all soups. Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Put beef tips in bottom of crock pot, then salt & pepper meat.  Next pour 1 cup of beef broth on meat and then cover with soups. Cook on high for 4 hours. 
I made rice with ours. It was hearty....:)

Dessert was so easy. I love chocolate pie, chocolate anything for that matter. I make a coca cola cake that is so good! I will share with yall soon!

Old fashioned chocolate pie!

Ingredients:

Pie Crust (i cheated and bought a pre-made one)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups whole milk
4 whole egg yolks (thank you chicks) I'm so blessed!
6 1/2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate ( I used Ghiradelli)
2 tbsp Butter
2 tsp vanilla
whip cream (yummy)

Bake your crust according to package directions and then set aside. 
Before you start, chop up your chocolate for easy melting and set aside. In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt, mix together. Pour in milk and egg yolks, mix together.  Stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a slight boil and thickens. It should be pudding consistency. Remove immediately from heat and add in chocolate, vanilla and butter and stir until smooth. Pour into pie crust. Serve with whipped cream!!! YUMMY!!!!

chopped chocolate and butter. LOL

baked pie crust


sugar,cornstarch, salt, milk & egg yolks

left over chocolate goodness!


Please like and share my blog with all your friends. I would love to see comments, if you like the recipes. Thank you. 

Shana 
xoxox





No comments:

Post a Comment