Thursday, August 18, 2016

Hair's to me!

I know your wondering what the heck that means, Right? Starting my Thursday morning off at a local diner for breakfast with the family, I was several bites into my food when I found  a long hair scrambled into my eggs. :O It was over at that point! I had no appetite afterwards. My husband politely told the waitress and they removed the item off our bill. At this point I was looking to see if I saw any hair nets on the cooks, hummmm I did not! what happened to putting your hair back when cooking? Being a former restaurant owner I know the importance of hygiene and wearing your hair back at all times while serving or preparing food. Needless to say I wont be back for awhile. :P

With school back in session here's a great recipe for y'all, who are craving something yummy! This would make a great classroom treat or just a great treat for yourself! HA!

Rice Krispie Bars

10 Cups rice krispy cereal
1/2 cup real butter
2 - 10 oz bags of marshmallows, divided
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil and then spray with cooking oil.
Add 10 cups of rice krispy cereal to a bowl. Melt butter on low heat in a large pot, add all but 2 cups of marshmallows, add vanilla & salt. cook and stir over low heat until all melted, then add remaining 2 cups of marshmallows. there may be little lumps and that's ok, it will add air in the treats. Pour mixture over rice krispy cereal until coated. Spread into pan.Press firmly into the pan. This is very important. let cool to room temperature, then remove them by lifting the foil out of the pan. Makes 24-30 treats. Yummy! Store in container.
I will post pictures tomorrow of the treats I make.....:)

P.S. 
My girls left me 5 eggs today! So Excited! Have a great night Y'all!    Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment