Friday, August 26, 2016

Happy Friday!

It's going to be a great start to the weekend! 
Football Friday is here. Football is big around here and every morning on the news they have the school of the week ready to hit that field on Friday night! College football starts soon! WooHOO!!! Were Gator fans at our house, we live an hour from Gainesville Florida home of the Gators, you know where the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium is at...:)  The Swamp!  The first game of the season is right around the corner September 3rd, vs. Massachusetts. We can't wait. Hopefully we will attend more games this season.  It's nothing like attending those games with all those crazy college students, yelling, cheering, tail-gating and eating enough junk food to last you all weekend. I'm excited to post some of those recipes for game time! Who doesn't like football food??
This is funny!
One recipe from my mother is so good. I ate these growing up and made these at my daughter's College Farewell party.

Ham & Cheese Roll-ups

12" Flour Tortillas
1 - 8 oz cream cheese
1 cup of sour cream
6 green onions (finely chopped with some green)
                                                         1 small can diced green chill's (check for stem and skin)
                                                         1 cup of lean ham  (sliced really thin, I like bores-head)
                                                         Cajun seasoning for spice   
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and spread on tortilla to about 1/2" from edge. Roll up into a log and put on a cookie sheet seam side down. I lay parchment paper down first, to prevent a mess. Chill about 1 hour. Slice into 3/4" slices and stack in a container. Keep covered until ready to eat.
These are awesome for on the go....:) Thanks Mom for always having such yummy things for me to eat!! 
Another great idea is the Chili cheese wraps I mentioned in an earlier blog. How easy is that. Cook your chili the day before, put in the crock pot, have fritos and cheese and wraps!!! Yummo!!!! I grew up on frito pies and then I came up with the wraps at home. If your wondering. HA! Crazy me!

Another great, easy, quick, yummy recipe is ....... Sausage Balls! Who has had these?? LOL!

1 lb. sausage uncooked
8 oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cup bis-quick
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, you can use a mixer on this. Roll into 1" balls and bake on a lined pan with parchment paper for 20-25  minutes or until golden brown. :)

I will post more recipes as we get into the season. GO GATORS!!! HEHEH!!!

As, I finish out my day today, I had to say goodbye to my daughter. She came for the day for a quick visit. She was suppose to bring her laundry but forgot it, and that is ok, she has been overwhelmed with homework this week. I told her all of us girls as some time or another need a time out from everything, and that's perfectly ok. Once a week I told her to take 2 hours to herself, for her time. Please say a pray for her, that she finds her way.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend, what ever you do! 

Shana
xoxox

Meet me for breakfast tomorrow! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment