Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Happy Hump Day!

We are half way through the work/school week and today I was on a mission. First off, check the chickens.... LUCKY me 5 eggs this morning! Thank you Lovely Ladies!!! Why did I never think of having chickens before? Funny story, I went out to see if there were eggs and there was an egg on the ground underneath there boxes, so I turned around to get a bag and believe it or not, that hen tried to hide her egg from me. She actually kicked it to the other side of the pin!! Hummmm. they definitely know when there eggs are gone. HA!
So after the funness in the coop, I decided to finish the cookbook I started for my daughter a month ago. This is a collection of recipes from the family that my Grandma, Mom & some family members have passed down, and OK maybe some I have made up along the way, and thanks to Pinterest, some super yummy recipes! Gosh I love that place (Pinterest). This cookbook will have my Grandma's yummy meatloaf that my family absolutely loves, and always wants me to make extra for meatloaf sandwiches! Who else does that???? are they spoiled or what? :) Also the world famous Oklahoma Main Dish, I'm not sure where the Oklahoma came from, But this is sure good. Let's not forget about those chili cheese wraps. Who has ever had a home made Frito pie and a chili cheese wrap? I think Frito pies are a western thing. So many people I talk to don't even know what the heck a Frito Pie is.....Well, here you go. You make that yummy awesome Chili recipe, I know that you have one, and you enjoy that Chili that first night, then on the second night you get some Frito Chips and Cheese, OK sour cream if you must, and you layer those Frito's in the bowl with Chili and top with cheese and sour cream. OMG!!! The third night you take a burrito size wrap and put all the stuff I just listed and roll that baby up!!!! Frito wrap!!!! So Good, Sonic drive-In use to have them. Why in the world they got rid of them, beats me. :(
My daughter has moved an hour from home and has an apartment with 3 other girls. They are all studying to be nurses. We spent last Saturday moving her in and buying her all the essentials. This is where the cookbook comes into play. My darling daughter can cook!!! WOOHOO! Unfortunately one of her roommates cannot cook at all, and the other one can somewhat, so I thought this would be a great idea for there new home for the next 2-4 years. LOL
Me and my Daughter, already came home to visit :)

My daughter at her family gathering before leaving for College!
Recipes to come soon, I'm going to share a super secret recipe for Banana nut Cake! Shhhhhhhhh. :)

Dinner tonight is going to be a world famous chicken pot pie. NO, I did not cook one of my chickens... I will never eat one. Just the eggs :)))
I baked some chicken in the oven with some spices (garlic, onion powder, salt & pepper) and shredded up the breast and set aside. I combined 1 can of Mixed vegetables, corn and green beans to 2 cans cream of chicken soup and 1 can of milk. I mixed in a large bowl and then added the chicken. I then sprayed my 9 X 13 dish with cooking spray and put 1 pie crust in the bottom and baked it for a few minutes (just to start to brown it), then I poured the yummy mixture onto the pie crust, next layer the other pie crust on top, it doesn't stretch all the way across, but don't worry, it's plenty. poke with a fork several places and bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.  I buy the Pillsbury pie crust, 2 pack.
Chicken Mixture

Almost done!!! :)))))
I want to share this with all of you! Try one at home!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment